Be Joyful in Hope: our mission is to give hope and joy to Ukraine orphans.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hospitality

Today I posted and then took a short nap.  Then cleaned part of the house.  There is still so much cleaning to do.  The laundry is unending.
We went to the Hansen's to help prepare their home for the arrival of Vicka and Dima.  It was a joy to see many helping get their home ready and providing for a welcome party.  Many friends came to greet them. Some came to clean that did not even know the family.  Awesome how others are willing to help strangers because they are Christians.  We had a great time.  The teen girls were unending in their conversations.  They are so glad to see each other.
The night is ending with a mom and 2 children sleeping in our home.  We had not met them before tonight.  But they came all the way from TN to meet the new additions to the Hansen family.  I heard the quite voice of God say "invite them to your home."  The first instant thought is "hospitality is not my gift."  The next is "they are strangers."  The next "I just had 12 children living in my home and I need to show hospitality to others because it is in the Word of God."  I am enjoying hearing the 2 small boys giggling.  A house of joy.  Love it.