Be Joyful in Hope: our mission is to give hope and joy to Ukraine orphans.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 1


We had a great first day. Alona woke up at 5a.m. and woke up Rachel! They cooked us breakfast. The kids tried on clothes, jumped, played and explored all morning.
After lunch we headed to my summer Bible study class. I watched as the kids took a swim "test". Rachel and a friend watched the kids as we finished up the Bible study. Afterwords our husbands joined us and we had dinner, prayer and praise. It was great. The kids roasted hot dogs and smores to go with the pot luck dinner. I think Alina ate half the watermelon. She loved it. They did not want to leave. They are all fast asleep. I hope they sleep late tomorrow!
Alona was so excited today. She knows some English and is having a ball. She is happy to be here.
Alina came up and hugged me this afternoon. Yes, I loved it! It was one of those long hugs where they hang on for awhile.
The boys loved swimming and video games on a big tv that 4 of them could play at a time.
It was a blessed first day.