Be Joyful in Hope: our mission is to give hope and joy to Ukraine orphans.

Friday, August 19, 2011

I know...

As I was asking God what Words He had for me today. He led me to some familiar Scriptures and reminders. That what I allow into my head comes out of it. I need to spend more time praising God. Forgetting things said that are left unfinished. I know "all things work together for the good of those who love God." I know "I can do all things through Christ." I know "He will never leave me or forsake me" and "By faith Abraham..". It has been and incredible summer. We started out thinking we may need $50,000 to do 2 week of camp in Ukraine and host 10 orphans. Before I left the US we were figuring $40,000 for both. We did a longer camp than expected and are hosting 12 orphans instead of 10. We know God completely provided for camp in Ukraine. I have had many Bible lessons this year about abundant giving. I'm giving my time, money, heart, and... my all. It is well with my soul. I had the sad report that over the last week there were no checks in the PO Box. I knew once the orphans were here it is almost impossible to raise the funds. We are so busy with the children that there is little time for emails or post. We still lack over $6,000 for airfare.

Thank you to all that have given time, money, food, paper goods and sponsored outings. Awesome!

The joy I have of Dennis sitting by my side as I type this is overwhelming. I peeked in this morning to see if the boys were still asleep. So sweet to see them sleeping. They were smiling in their sleep. I love these kids! God's love is perfect. His love pours out of us if it is in us.
We had a great day at the zoo yesterday. Yes, it was hot!. Cool breezes and shady trees were a blessing. The kids played in the splash area for a long time. Then we went to the petting zoo. Thank you to those that sponsored the day. It was great.

Last night they went to the Elliott's for dinner. I slipped away a few hours to watch Rachel start in the first volleyball game of the season. I returned to many hugs, orphans yelling "mama" and "my home". We sat and talked awhile and then I informed Ricky that many were asking to go home. I love it. They feel at home, in our home, that is how it should be. When we were building our home we gave it to God for His use. We are a little surprised at how God has chosen to use our home, but we love it. What a blessing to be called to work with orphans. Orphans are just children with no parents, wanting to be loved. They need love.

Today we go to the McWane Center at 10.
So it's midnight and today we went to the McWane Center. We all had a great time. Thank you to the sponsors, drivers and helpers. This ministry works because of individuals willing to step outside their comfort zone and play with orphans.

To answer a huge question that comes up often "YES, I GET ATTACHED and NO, IT IS NOT EASY TO SEND THEM BACK." Sometimes it is harder than others. Last year I did a great job keeping my guard up. We only had our 3 adopted children a year. This year we have past the two year mark. There is still a lot of learning going on for our 3 adoptees. But I've been in camp in Ukraine for over 2 weeks and came back with 12 orphans and I'm tired and a little sick and a lot in love with these kids. I'll not say overworked or underpaid. My work seems never enough. There are always more orphans. 100,000 in Ukraine. My pay is the best! I get paid in hugs and smiles and laughs and the joy of knowing these children are happy for a little while and fed well and eating fruit and playing and having the time of their lives and learning I love them and God loves them. A life serving God rocks. It is an awesome, incredible journey.

So I'm awake at 12 a.m. having a 17 hour day. We just had some great people come over and I was blessed to share our home awhile with them. Truly happy each one came and thrilled for others to meet the orphans. (Hospitality is not my gift. Working on it. Let's not start on my faults tonight:)

I know my God will take care of these children. How will He do it? Oh I wish I knew. I hope they all fall in love with God and serve Him and endure. How can I do this? "For nothing is impossible with God." I believe the Bible to be true, every Word. Please pray for these precious orphaned children and my family as we serve God bringing foreign missions into our home. Join us. Dare you to. You won't regret it. Know Satan will try to stop you. Put on the full armor of God. Seek God's will for your life. Serve God somewhere, somehow or here in our home. Love to all. Peace.... hope..... joy........... joyful in hope... for these orphans.