Be Joyful in Hope: our mission is to give hope and joy to Ukraine orphans.

Monday, August 15, 2011

The Plan

By this time in my life I've learned the best plans are a waste of time if God is not in them and designing them. I had no internet for a few days before I came back with 12 orphans. That means I had no way to check to see if people were helping in any way. With lack of communication comes lack of work or help. I arrived to one volunteer driver that bought outfits and pajamas times 12. My mom, who in any pinch can be called and does what she can to help had a home cooked meal for us all. It has been a blessing to see mom sponsor kids to camp, send craft supplies and clothes and then to come home with her in my kitchen and dinner ready. Blessings
I usually have a plan of where we are going, when, how and with whom. Not this year. We arrived with no set plans. Breakfast was planned for the first day after that it has been uncertainty as to what will come next. I want you to understand, by this time in my life I'm ok with trusting God for our daily bread times 20. A few have asked for our schedule, well to be honest it is pretty open. Now that is not my normal way of doing things. I like things planned. But when I was spending time with God (complaining), I could hear the question, "Is your way better than mine?" No, my way is not better. So I'm accepting this year is again different. Walking in blind faith for our schedule. Trusting God that His way is best. So be patient. Watch for changes and accept that I'd love to give you the plan but our Creator has not made it clear to me yet. I'd be wasting my time to make the plan because it would not be good enough and it would change. So...if you want to help with a field trip or sponsor one let me know.


What we have done so far:
Monday we went to the Hafners to swim, play ball and jump on the trampoline. We stayed at home for the evening and ate Borscht.
Sunday we went to church at Trussville United Methodist and spent the day at home.
Saturday we spent at the Davies swimming until late.
Friday a day at the host home. The orphans played basketball, volleyball, played on the swing set, rode bikes and met a few Americans.
Arrived Thursday the 11th around 6:30 to the airport and 7:30 we were home.

The Plan:
Tomorrow, Tuesday we will wash clothes, let the orphans try on some gently used clothes, play here at the host home and stay at home until the evening. Visitors welcome all day.
Lunch Borscht and Dinner the Tucker's
At 6:00pm we will go to Trussville Playstation to skate and play laser tag. $2 for each. The orphans will also drive the cars. We would love to see you there.
Wednesday at 4:30 we will go to Living Word to play in the gym. Dinner at 5:00 and church at 6:30.
Thursday dinner at the Elliotts at 5:30.
Friday the Mann family is bringing dinner.
We are considering: McWane, Oak Mountain, the Birthday Party (maybe Fri or Sat night), shopping for the orphans (we need 12 $20 gift cards and families to help the orphans shop), Huntsville Space Center.