Be Joyful in Hope: our mission is to give hope and joy to Ukraine orphans.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The last day at our home.

We had a great day yesterday. The morning was filled with me getting birthday cards, gifts and trying not to cry. So I called my husband and said "Chuck E Cheese". We decided to go to the movies first. We had told them we would the day we took them to shop. We ran out of time because the orphans took so long shopping and we had to make it home for the bonfire. I never like to tell them I will do something and not follow through. So, a movie and popcorn...many buckets full. Then off to Chuck's to play. They had a great time. Snacks for all and then off to church. We arrived early and let them play on the playground.
The children went to eat while I worked on the pictures to show during church. They came back with cokes and boxes of popcorn and what seemed to be hyped up from the coke. I reminded them we were at church and needed to be quieter.
They said the "Lord's Prayer" in Ukrainian for the service and out they went to have their own class translated then hang out with the youth. I was blessed to speak about them, camp and mission plans. I went over the allotted time but had great response and questions from the church.